Friday, September 19, 2014


THE SEASONS AT HUMBOLDT PARK

SUNSET (taken today 9/19/14)

            My wife has recently gotten into running and is trying to encourage me to join her in this madness.  However, I am not a runner. I am a walker.  I find that the act of going on long walks brings both my mind and body into peaceful state.  For the last five years, many of my walks have lead me to Humboldt Park, which is only about 20 minutes from our home.  Originally named South Park, it was established in 1890.  In 1900, it was renamed Humboldt Park in honor of Friedrich Heinrich Alexander von Humboldt, a Prussian botanical geographer and naturalist.  During the summer months it host Chill on the Hill, a weekly musical event on Tuesday evenings and has recently started a beer garden. 

            I walk around this park in all seasons and the beauty shifts with the weather.  In the summer months there’s a tons of children running around and family functions going on.  When the weather gets colder and the trees change, there are less people around and this is the way I prefer the park.  I will walk around the pond, watching the geese and ducks on the water and only occasionally spotting another fellow walker.  Here I can escape the problems of the modern world and ignore the distant cars and come back to nature. On these many walks I have taken pictures of the pond and now I present to you some of my favorite images that have come from various seasons. 


THE GEESE HEAD HOME
WINTER HAS COME
THE ISLAND
TWO PERSPECTIVES

A NEW HOPE





No comments:

Post a Comment