Friday, November 28, 2014



21-DAY MEDITATION EXPERIENCE: OPRAH & DEEPAK: ENERGY OF ATTRACTION
November 3 to 23rd, 2014

DAY 1: The Nature of Desire: My life moves forward through desire.
I have just completed my first mediation.  It has left my mind peaceful and concentrating on my breath makes me feel more centered in my body.  Darcy, one of my cats, does not like me closing my eyes and trying to meditate, she is biting my head-phones cord.  


DAY 2: The Spirit of Desire: My desires make me feel alive.
Oprah starts each 20 minute program and today she mention that many people feel guilty about having desires, but that having desires is natural.  At times I tended to feel guilty about having so many desires.  I also believe that I am still unaware of what I truly desire from my life.  I hope this process will help figure out my true desires in life.  

DAY 3: The Source and Goal of Desire: My true self contains every possibility.
There are both shallow and deep desires.  The shallow ones for money and power may bring momentary joy, but deep desires have a more profound impact.  I found it interesting that they state that deep desires, come from inside.  When I was younger I desired to have close friendships and as I started college I did discover deeper friendships.  In reflection I got this desire by making myself more open to others and this all came from my own efforts.

DAY 4: Effortless Creation: My desires are fulfilled from my true self.
Today, I meditated after having a job interview this morning and after struggling to walk in heels in windy weather.  It was difficult to clear my mind of thoughts, but it did help to relax my anxieties of the possibility of new job.  To quote Deepak, I hope that “my desires have the power to manifest” and I get this job opportunity.

DAY 5: The Fulfillment of Desire: I deserve complete fulfillment.
Deepak mentioned today that it is our personal choices are what get attracted to us and that light attracts light.  I may be starting to see the power of this stuff, because after six years of trying to find a new job after graduate school I was offered a new job!! And I accepted the position and I believe this job could be something I enjoy doing!! 


DAY 6: The Power of Attention: My attention activates my desires.
If you want a dream to come true it takes more than dreaming, we must have a clear attention.  At times I find my attention is caught up in what others think of me.  But this is a waste of my attention; I should focus it more inward and onto what I want from this life and not how others view me. 


 DAY 7: Your Deepest Desire: My deepest desire is for completeness.
The reason, I decided to do this meditation experience was not to attract a new job, even though it is happy result.  It was to find peace within myself, so I agree with this mantra that “my deepest desire is for completeness.”  I will also have some struggles with family, jobs, and money to varying degrees.  However, if I am able to discover my authentic self through meditation, I can handle the stress and anxiety better. 
 

DAY 8: The Royal Road to Manifestation: My intention holds the key to fulfillment.
So we’ve made it to week two of this journey.  Today trip of expanding awareness was difficult to complete with my wife watching “Criminal Minds” in the other rooms and cats crying for attention.  Still this process reminds me I must be awake to life. 

DAY 9: The Matrix of Manifestation: Unbounded Awareness:  I am pure unbounded awareness.
Each session lasts around 20 minutes and for about half you are sitting with your eyes close trying to repeating in your mind the daily Sanskrit mantra.  For example today’s mantra was “Om Hreem,” meaning “I see the unity behind diversity.”  The house was quite today and though my mind wandered at times I kept trying to focus on “Om Hreem” and by the end of the session my body was still and I felt very relaxed. 
   
DAY 10: The Matrix of Manifestation: Focus: My awareness is focused.
The thing I take away from today’s class is that one should not give attention to what you don’t like.  We tend to put too much focus on the negative, but the focus should be on the positive and our dreams. 


DAY 11: The Matrix of Manifestation: Flexible Consciousness: My awareness is infinitely adaptable.
As I’ve gotten older I realized that being adaptable is very important.  There is this line from the 1995 movie Kicking and Screaming that reminds how we can’t plan our life, “How do you make God laugh?  Make a plan.”  With manifestation we should be aware of our desires and stay focus, but when it comes to the outcomes we must go with the flow for they do not always go as we plan.  

DAY 12: Living Manifestation: I manifest desire easily and naturally.
The best way to manifest ones desire is to live a conscious lifestyle.  Starting in my twenties and probably continuing the rest of my life I’ve been on a constant journey for self-awareness
.
DAY 13: Manifesting From Your True Self: My desires manifest at the right time and place.
I did not sleep well and had to work early so after this session my desire is manifesting a nap, I must obey.

DAY 14: Spiritual Manifestation: Fulfilling my dreams fulfills my spirit.
Oprah mentioned that when you let your desires be fulfilled you are not just helping your own spirit, but others.  This is a concept my friend, Angela, and I have often discussed, that taking care of your own needs and happiness makes you better able to help those you love.  Self-care is vital to helping others. 

DAY 15: Sharing Your Happiness: The happiness of others is my own happiness.
At times we all let our egos get the better of us, but true happiness comes from sharing it with others.  When I found out I got a new job, I called my cousin, Chris, to tell him the news.  I was feeling mixed emotions about this new journey, but when I told Chris, he said, “it’s the best news I have heard in weeks.”  Chris being happy about my situation brought me more joy and excitement about this opportunity. 

DAY 16: Trusting Nature’s Course: Everyone’s spiritual path is perfect.
Today lesson focused on supporting others spiritual path and not opposing our path on them.  It is a good point, I know that this meditation has helped me so far, but this is not everyone’s cup of tea.  


DAY 17: Playful Manifestation: Desire is my creative play.
At the end of each meditation Deepak rings a small bell to end the session.  I will open my eyes and sometimes looking out my kitchen window I feel like I have just returned to the waking world.  If it is a good meditation I am drawn into my own mind and body that the daily world and it troubles and deadlines briefly disappear from my radar for those ten minutes. 

DAY 18: Manifesting Through Grace: I am grateful for divine manifestations.
The whole goal of meditation is to have the divine nature of the soul to be revealed in your human nature.  Deepak aim is to have us link our soul and human nature into one. 

DAY 19: Becoming a Co-Creator: I enjoy being a co-creator
Today, Oprah began by quoting, Sir Isaac Newton, “for every action there is an equal and opposite re-action.”  The point she was getting across is that we are co-creating our lives and what we do shapes our lives and that we are the master of our fate.  I agree that we forget all too often that a good chunk of our lives and happiness is in our own hands.  


DAY 20: Finding Your Freedom: I manifest my desires in freedom.
Knowing who you really are and embracing that power one can manifest dreams.  It is through self-awareness you realize you are enough.  

DAY 21: Creating Peace: My presence creates peace.
We have reached the end and the final thought is that in an enlightened state your being is more important than you’re doing.  Yesterday was last day at Walgreens and I had a get together in the evening to celebrate the conclusion.  A co-worker said that she admired the peaceful state that I had brought to the stressful work place.  I do notice that when you are around people who give off negative emotions it does affect ones mood.  At the same account when we can be at peace with ourselves, we can help spread a positive mood to others.  

Namaste


EPILOGUE: The three week challenged came to an end about week ago and I do find myself missing the daily meditations with Oprah and Deepak.  It was difficult to fit these 20 minute sessions on certain days, but they always left me peaceful.  So much so that I am requesting I am requesting “Perfect Health” another 21 day meditation challenge for Christmas.  I am still curious to see how meditation will alter my life, but I most point out this journey was called “Energy of Attraction” and I did find new job within these last few weeks. 


No comments:

Post a Comment