Friday, March 20, 2015


SPRING HAS ARRIVED

Today is the first day of spring and I am happy for it to have arrived, even though I just got my first real cold of 2015 a few days ago and wish I could enjoy this revival a little bit more.  I have many friend and family who have moved to warmer climates and some of them report that they will not move back to Wisconsin and it’s harsh winters, however, I can’t imagine living some place without seasons.   I agree that winter goes on too long, but I need that time inside and then when spring comes I appreciate even more the rebirth of the nature.  
TAKEN AT HUMBOLDT PARK 3/20/15
The last few months I have been consumed by my new job and trying to get adjusted to what is expected of me. I am starting to get a handle on this career change and I am trying to get back to pursuing my other hobbies outside of work.  I have not been keeping up on blog lately or finishing the book club books, but I am trying not to be so hard on myself.  Life is like the seasons, at times things are chaotic, but we do our best to move through them and know that this is only a phase, it soon will change.  Here is quote that captures my thoughts from Women Who Run With the Wolves, by Clarissa Pinkola Estes

            The psyches and souls of women also have their own cycles and seasons 
            of doing and solitude, running and staying, being involved and being
            removed, questing and resting, creating and incubating, being of the 
            world and returning to the soul-place…Once, we lived by these cycles  
            and season year after year, and they lived in us.  They calmed us, 
           danced us, shook us, reassured us, made us learn creaturally. (p. 276-277)

About a week ago we opened our kitchen window for our cats and Gatsby, our black cat, gracefully jumped up to the kitchen table and took her place in the window.  You could hear the birds chirping in the warm air and we all breathed in this new chapter.  I needed to take these last few months to adjust my new life, but now I am ready to get back to nature and start taking my long walks, reading poetry, and writing about this magical world.  

No comments:

Post a Comment